Welcome to the Cyberlaw Section of the Utah State Bar.
The Cyberlaw Section was formed to (1) provide an opportunity and a forum for the interchange of ideas relating to cyberlaw, including e-commerce and communications, and continuing legal education, (2) initiate and implement common projects relating to cyberlaw, and (3) undertake other service, education or other projects as may be of benefit to the members, the legal profession and the public. Specifically, the Cyberlaw Section is interested in at least the following areas of law:
- Internet law
- Intellectual property law as it relates to the Internet and cyberspace
- Electronic commerce
- Security and privacy in the electronic world
- The practice of law in the electronic world
- Law relating to the use of email
- Development and license agreements relating to the Internet
If you want to participate in the Section, you may join by logging into your member portal at https://services.utahbar.org.